Guidelines for our Nutrition Products
Fourfive Nutrition Product Design
Fourfive Nutrition products are meticulously researched and designed by Dr Elisabeth Philipps, Clinical Neuroscientist and Nutrition Practitioner with expert user knowledge from professional athlete George Kruis. Ingredients are selected for bioavailability, the bioactivity and our formulation provide the relevant and personalised levels of active compounds. You can find links to the science and clinical studies of nutrients used in Fourfive Nutrition products here, which offer in depth guidelines for nutrition for all of our products.
Informed Sport Tested
Whether you’re drugs tested as a competing athlete or professional person, or simply looking for reassurance that the food supplement you’re taking is free from banned substances, our quality guidelines for our nutritional products ensure that the entire Fourfive Nutrition range are independently and rigorously batch tested and certified by Informed Sport before being released to market – just look for the logo.
Information from Informed Sport: Research has shown that some supplement products have been found to be contaminated with low levels of substances that are prohibited by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) and other sporting bodies. The Informed Sport programme aims to work closely with supplement manufacturers and suppliers by reviewing the quality systems they have in place at the manufacturing facility and by providing high quality analytical testing for products and ingredients to minimise the incidence of banned contaminants finding their way into sport. The programme also aim to provide athletes with an effective risk management service so that they can choose products that have undergone additional quality control testing as required in elite sport.
Capsule Design of our Nutrition Products
Many food supplements come in tablet form and contain artificial binders, fillers and coatings. It’s for this reason we’ve designed the majority of our range in capsule form. This means that the only things in our nutrition products are active ingredients, negligible amounts of natural excipients and a natural capsule shell. Capsules are also more easily digested, meaning that you are likely to absorb more of the active ingredients.
In line with our guidelines for nutritional products, each ingredient and final product is tested for potency and purity and independently batch tested for banned substances by Informed Sport. In order for us to ensure the highest quality guidelines for our nutritional products, we work closely with the manufacturing process in a state-of-the-art UK based facility and are involved from the selection of the raw materials right through to product encapsulation, packaging and labelling.
Our Commitment to Purity
Our products are formulated with premium ingredients and our hypoallergenic excipients (only used where needed) are scientifically tested to ensure that each ingredient and final product meets professional quality standards which allow us to have the highest quality guidelines for our nutritional products.
Fourfive Nutrition product manufacturing goes beyond safety and efficacy to provide pure, hypoallergenic supplements FREE-FROM:
- Wheat and gluten
- Trans fats and hydrogenated oils
- Magnesium stearate
- Titanium dioxide
- Coatings and shellacs
- Artificial colours, flavours and sweeteners
- Unnecessary binders, fillers and preservatives
Where it is not possible to source an ingredient from a hypoallergenic source, we clearly state on the label which allergens may be present; for example, Vitamin K2 contains trace non-GM soya.
Control over the Superior Quality Guidelines for our Nutritional Products
We work closely with the manufacturing process in a state-of-the-art UK based facility and are involved from the selection of raw materials right through to product encapsulation, packaging and labelling.
The manufacturing facility features include:
- All manufacturing takes place in third-party audited and certified enclosed cleanrooms. Temperature and humidity are monitored.
- Climate-monitored to maximise the stability of raw materials and finished products. Temperature sensitive raw materials and finished products will be stored in temperature controlled storage.
- For each piece of equipment or production area there is a specific Cleaning Instruction which specifies information such as item to be cleaned, frequency, method of cleaning, dismantling procedures (if applicable), and chemical concentrations etc. These are reviewed regularly and immediately after major procedure or equipment changes.
- Comprehensive Allergen SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) prevents ingredient cross-contamination.
- Regularly inspected by independent third-party certification bodies.
Our Labels Mirror our Nutritional Product Guidelines
Quality needs to extend to the information on the label and we take considerable care to ensure accurate labelling of all our food supplements so you have a completely honest representation of what is in the product and you know exactly what you are taking.
- We clearly list all ingredients on the label.
- We always list elemental mineral levels so you know exactly how much mineral is in each capsule and the mineral’s organic carrier (e.g. citrate), which demonstrates improved bioavailability of fourfive nutrition minerals compared to inorganic minerals.
- We always describe nutrient levels correctly.
- We clearly list what our products are Free From.
- Most of our range is suitable for vegans, which is clearly listed.
- The Fourfive Nutrition brand is certified by Informed Sport.
- We follow the EVM guidance to include advisory statements where certain nutrient thresholds may be reached when taking our products.
We are working hard to make Fourfive Nutrition range as environmentally friendly as possible. For example, our manufacturers carry ISO 14001, which means systems are in place to manage impact on the environment from reducing the amount of waste we put into landfill or by reducing the amount of electricity used during manufacturing.
All Fourfive Nutrition product cardboard cartons and fully recyclable and we are working hard with our suppliers to bring industry leading recyclable capsule blister packs into our range.
You will notice on our product packaging and website that we have listed just some of the different ways in which the vitamins and minerals we use can support your active lifestyles. These are based on the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) authorised nutrition and health claims. This regulation is the legal framework we use to help us highlight the beneficial effects of our products, in relation to health and nutrition, on the product label or in its advertising. You can then have peace of mind that any nutrition and health claim made on our food supplement labels and advertising is clear, accurate and has clinically proven or scientific evidence.